Our client is looking to hire an APAC IP Counsel to support businesses across China and lead the legal team supporting this region.
Expectations include consistently providing balanced, well-reasoned advice and recommendations on achieving short and long-term objectives in conformity with applicable laws and regulations, including an assessment of the critical legal risks involved, and accountability for delivering business results. Expectations also include representing the Corporation’s interests to outside parties and governmental agencies in an effective, articulate and influential manner.
- A Juris Doctor degree or its non-U.S. equivalent, and a license to practice law in at least one country within the A-P region
- At least 7 years experience at law a firm and/or in a corporate in-house position with an emphasis on managing intellectual property matters and developing intellectual property strategies
- Demonstrated experience and ability to independently advise entrepreneurial business teams through a variety of matters while managing a robust intellectual property portfolio in either a law firm or corporate department
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience managing cross-border IP disputes and the ability to effectively coordinate and manage outside counsel on the same
- Strong drive and commitment to deliver value and results under pressure
- The ability to deal with complex legal and business issues on all subjects impacting the operation of the business
- The ability to work effectively as part of a diverse multicultural team
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and at least one additional language relevant to major business operations, e.g. Mandarin or Korean
- The ability to travel internationally up to 20% of time