Purpose of Position:
• Act as strategic partner to support Talent Management, learning and development, leadership and organization effectiveness in APAC region.
• Work collaboratively with internal and external resources to develop, deploy and improve Talent Management and Learning & Development processes and solutions in APAC region to accelerate workforce growth and enhance organization effectiveness.
• Lead the APAC Talent Development Team to deliver results.
Geographies supported: Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Singapore, India, China, Regional/Global project participation (evening calls apply)
• Partner with business leaders, HR resources and external consultants to design and manage regional flagship leadership development programs.
• Support consistent and effective application and deployment of Talent Management and learning/development processes, products and services.
• Partner with local HR and Learning & Development teams to deploy global learning processes, products and services.
• Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) on internal learning & development processes (including Talent Planning, PD&R, Become Corning, Corning Learning System True Blue Development).
• Provide learning expertise and support for blended learning (classroom, structured OJT, online, virtual classroom, coaching, and etc.)
• Identify the Region’s strategic learning and development needs by aligning with organizational growth target. Design and deploy solutions accordingly.
• Act as key collaborator and the “voice” of Asia in global leadership/supervisor development programs.
• Establish and manage relationships with regional learning and development suppliers; support the sourcing/procurement process for learning projects.
• Consult to local and regional HR, business and functional units (or identify and supervise consultant resources) in areas related to learning (performance solutions, learning design, online learning, learning management systems, action learning, virtual learning, learning development tools, learning architecture.)
• Consult to local and regional business and functional units to support delivery of human capital processes (e.g. performance management, career development, leadership development, (Talent Management).
• Deploy global supervisor development curriculum in the region.
• Provide leadership and actively participate in any green and brownfield plant expansion projects for the Asia Pacific region
• Coach team members and provide feedback to help them achieve high performance. Provide opportunities to stretch their abilities and grow in their roles.
• Create and maintain a positive work environment where team members are motivated to do their best and contribute to the organization.
• Responsible for the teams and leadership programs budget requirements
• Required to be a program manager for regional emerging leadership programs
• Some facilitation as needed based on agreed scope for projects