Support business leaders and functional heads with contract review and legal advice on general
matters, as well as support ad hoc projects or issues from legal and statutory perspectives.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
• Draft and review retail and sourcing operations contracts in apparel industry for the
developed and developing countries and maintain standardized contract review and
• Provide professional advice and practical solutions to issues arising during normal business
• Closely collaborate and partner with internal business stakeholders and cross-functional
teams to identify, address and communicate risks, and to understand relevant business
• Assist corporate Legal Department on global initiatives such as mergers, dispositions and
other strategic transactions.
• Develop and deliver training or direction internally on matters related to sound business
practices and corporate governance.
• Streamline and drive efficiency in contract review and completion by creating and
maintaining form agreements and other processes, as appropriate
• Keep abreast of latest development of rules and regulations which are related to or
• Provides support to Legal Department on different projects and assignments as allocated
from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Education and Experience:
• J.D., LL.B or its equivalent required.
• Qualified lawyer with minimum 3-5 years of post-qualification experience in law firms
and/or in-house. Demonstrate familiarity with business and legal practices in commercial or
sourcing operations in apparel industry.
• High level of accuracy in work, attentive to details
• Self-motived and ability to work under tight deadlines; ability to thrive in a fast-paced and
high pressure environment
• Good organizational and time management abilities with proficiency to multi-task and
prioritize workload; solid decision-making skills
• Work successfully with business teams in multiple physical locations and time zones, with
colleagues of various cultures and nationalities
• Have strong interpersonal skills and a highly collaborative working style, with demonstrated
success working in small teams, playing a hands-on role to meet a variety of legal needs of
the businesses. Be comfortable working and building relationships with people based in
other parts of the world via telephone and electronic communication methods.
• Excellent written and oral English and Chinese, Putonghua a must, Japanese language