This opportunity is with a global quantitative investment management firm. Here the technology team is closely-knit with an open culture like none other financial house. You will have the opportunity to explore the frontiers of computer science, in areas spanning distributed computing, operating systems, networks and computer architecture. The team you will work with develops and iterates quickly; you will have access to every line of code and can switch between multiple projects.
As a member of the core technology team you will play a key role in building and engineering the firm’s software infrastructure to support new and existing lines of business, in addition to expanding the firm’s proprietary research platform to support new exchanges, products and functionality.
- In your spare time you: code, tinker, read, explore, break things, and have an insatiable curiosity for all things computer related... you'll find like-minded people here.
- Superior ability to write in C++ (preferred), Java, or other statically-typed imperative programming language.
- Can look at code, figure out how it works, and how to make it better.
- Can describe software designs at a high level (the abstract interface), low level (step-by-step algorithm), or anywhere in between.
- Experience developing competitive world class trading systems.
- You should possess a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering.