Our client, a fast growing Corporate Bank in Hong Kong is looking for a Central Compliance Manager to handle the management and control of regulatory and compliance issues for their HK Branch.
- To ensure compliance with the law, regulations and rules, understanding the impacts of the laws, regulations and rules to the operation of the Bank
- To maintain the daily work contact with the supervisory authorities (HKMA/ SFC)
- To handle Hong Kong Branch and employees’ individual licensing matters.
- To implement compliance management plans based on risks, including implementation and evaluation of specific global and local policies and procedures, evaluation of compliance risks, perform compliance testing (e.g. personal account dealing) and manage overall compliance training program.
- To review the compliance of Bank’s various policies, procedures and guidelines, assisting and urging each business line and internal control department to systemize (organize) and amend such policies, procedures and guidelines in order to ensure the said policies, procedures and guidelines are in accordance with the requirements of laws, regulations and rules.
- To provide assistance to the Head of AML on AML related matters
- 5 to 6 years of experience in a similar lead role within a bank, preferably in commercial and corporate banking.
- Extensive knowledge of HKMA and SFC regulations, and experience of managing the relationship with the Regulators.
- General knowledge of AML Counter Terrorist Financing regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, proficient in English, Cantonese (MUST) and preferably in Mandarin.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills