Our client is a global investment bank with a large presence in the APAC region. They are looking to hire a high caliber Group CFO with extensive experience to join their team in Hong Kong.
- Implement operational and managerial strategies in accordance with guidelines approved by the Board of Directors.
- As a member of senior management participating in key decision pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution.
- Ensure operational functions meet the standard of the company and all activities are in compliance with local regulatory requirements and risk management.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for the company’s board of directors; oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Arrangement of balance sheet and regular maintenance of entries and accounting books are compliant to local current regulations
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast (vs. budget); monitor cash flow working capital
- Develop and maintain the capital request and budgeting process. Complete analysis of financial results; Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements. Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures. Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns.
- Act as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits
- Handle proper and timely receipt and payment of cash flows, monitor actual results against budget, control costs and resolve any incorrectness or malfunctions
- Ad-hoc project
- Minimum degree level education, ideally in Finance and Accounting or equivalent
- Preferably an MBA in Finance and Certified Public Accountant
- Strong experience in senior financial-management role, must have 5+ years experience as a CFO
- Leadership ability, team management, and analytical/interpersonal skills
- Mandarin is mandatory as you will be dealing closely with local regulators
- Must be fluent in English and Mandarin