A growing hedge fund in Hong Kong is looking for a seasoned Chief Operating Officer with solid compliance experience gained from similar industry to join their dynamic team.
- Responsible for implementing internal control in accordance with applicable rules and regulations, specifically the SFO and SFC instructions/guidance
- Compose the funds and all other products’ legal documentations such as agreement and PPM with the counterparties such as custodian, fund administration, lawyer, auditors, brokers …etc.
- Perform routine duties regarding SFC licensing maintenance, marketing material review (Funds ‘fact sheets), periodic solicitation review and AML/CDD/KYC review.
- To deal with external vendors (prime brokers, fund administrators, legal counsels, auditors, tax consultants, IT consultants, etc.)
- Responsible for building up internal policies, procedures and controls
- Co-ordinate the functioning of the Operations, Finance departments (trade flow operations, legal documentation, compliance monitoring, training and IT infrastructure and etc.)
- To assist in marketing and sales initiatives, including sales pitch, due diligence review, etc.
- To collaborate with investors and internal stakeholders to resolve any open issues
- Fluent in English and basic in Mandarin
- 8+ years’ experience in a hedge or traditional fund management environment covering operations, compliance (must) and IT
- Strong analytical and communication skills, as well as the ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Solid understanding of hedge or traditional fund management business and products