A Global Bank in Hong Kong is looking for a seasoned compliance specialist who is responsible for product compliance coverage of Wealth Management (“WM”) in the region.
- Advise Business and Functions on compliance and regulatory issues pertaining to investment, product and suitability area
- Identify and control compliance risks, implement monitoring measures where required
- Provide regulatory advice, analysis (and challenge when appropriate) in relation to the full product life cycle including product design and documentation through to post sale reviews/ assessments, new business initiatives, bespoke projects, remedial activities (including nature, scale and rigour of past business reviews), transitional investigations.
- Develop and maintain suitability policies and procedures in line with local regulatory and internal requirements
- Approve or arbitrate on new products and services as a core member of the new products approval process
- Review product and marketing materials to ensure compliance with regulations and internal requirements
- Develop and perform surveillance on suitability and market abuse
- Provide training on compliance issues and promote compliance awareness and culture
- Participate in project to enhance the controls
- University degree and/or professional compliance/financial services qualification
- At least 8 years compliance experience supporting Wealth management / product compliance
- Strong understanding of wealth management products e,g structured products, alternative investments, derivatives
- Ability to analyse relevant laws and regulations and co-relate regulatory issues to products and business models.
- Attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent English and Chinese is a MUST