Overseeing the legal department, the lawyer is responsible for providing legal consulting services across a variety of matters ranging from general commercial, contentious complaints, investigations, regulatory and policies handling. Working alongside senior internal business stakeholders from different locations, this role reports into a Senior Counsel based in the UK with the support from a paralegal.
- Hong Kong qualified lawyer with at least 2-3 years PQE
- Prior in-house experience is a must, ideally with another financial institution
- Solid understanding on local and mainland finance regulations are required
- Ability to work independently and be a strong communicator working closely with senior management
- Strong business acumen
- Proficiency in Spoken Putonghua and Chinese reading and writing skills are needed