Electrical Engineering experience in Server & Storage.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Schematics capture for Server, Storage and network switch design
- Work with PCB engineer for Critical parts placement & routing
- Create BOM & AVL, assist SCM people to pick strategic vendors & parts to meet design goals
- Prototype bring-up & assist EVT & DVT builds for design related issues
- Support System validation as well as SPIT (Signal, Power, Integrity & Timing) measurements
- System level debug and root cause analysis
- End of life re-design, new vendor qualification, and Design related issues found in Manufacturing or Field
- Speed bump increases to Memory, CPU, Ethernet switch and other critical system components
- Work with mechanical, software, firmware engineers to support new features & debug
- Provide onsite technical support for all manufacturing builds including NPI & production releases.
- Candidates should have 8 or more years experience in Server/Storage System design and maintain
- Typically, the following essential qualifications and experiences would be requested:
- Bachelor or Master in Electronics, computing, engineering or similar
- Good English speaking and literacy
- Working knowledge of Broadcom, Intel, AMD, Microsemi, LSI, Qlogic, Emulex, Mellanox etc enterprise class chipsets
- Working knowledge of windows & Linux configuration, installation procedure, network configuration, driver configuration etc
- Working knowledge of ACPI, IPMI 1.5 & 2.0
- Hands-on design knowledge of latest peripheral chipsets for Gigabit and 10G/40G/100G Ethernet, Converged Network Controllers, USB3.0, Fiber Channel, Infiniband, SAS/SATA & PCI-e cards etc
- Hand-on design knowledge of high performance x86 CPUs and ARM architecture inc. -Strong electrical design and debug skills required, familiar with PCI-e, DDR & CPU QPI signaling for Scope analysis, DDR & DDR-II/III/IV timing and integrity analysis for clocks, strobes, S&H, Power bounce, temp stability etc
- Hands-on design tools of Or-CAD, Concept, Allegro
- In addition, knowledge of the following would be desirable:
- Experience in medium of working sized multidisciplinary development teams
- Ability to self installs various Operating Systems (Linux, UNIX, and Windows Adv Server & XP)
- Software and hardware validation of multi-media, networks, operating systems and I/O devices against the DVT (Device Validation and Test) schedule
- System validation including DVT (Design Validation Trial), SPIT (Signal, Power, Integrity & Timing) environmental & regulatory approval.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual capable of working with a minimum of supervision in a dynamic team environment. Good interpersonal skills: be able to communicate in English and with members of other teams, departments and clients; strong sense of ownership is needed.