A global aviation company is looking for an Engineering Manager to join their office in Singapore.
- Reporting to an experienced Plant Manager who came from diverse aerospace components background you will provide and implement strategic directions for all engineering activities
- You will plan, manage and control budget and resources to achieve engineering, financial and customer objectives
- Provide technical advice and leadership to engineers in new repair development activities, in the repairs of existing products and in the use of Kaizen tools for process improvement and control.
- You will provide technical advice related to processes and products to all departments
- Act as the main technical liaison with external parties such as customers, auditors, OEMs, institutions etc)
- Develop and Implement repair schemes and processes.
- Acquire production process equipment, machinery and tooling.
- Develop and manage the internal technical documentation system
- Participate in M.R.B. Activities and warranty responses.
- Review production processes and operations to increase Quality, Reliability, Safety and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Assist in the development and implementation of corrective action plans and programs.
- Provide special material and test requirements to be included in purchase order for items identified by Quality Assurance / Engineering.
- Improve Quality, Reliability, Safety and efficiency/effectiveness through Process Certification, Passport system, Process Improvements, Material, Process and Equipment Review, Modification and updates/enhancement and Time studies
- Minimum Degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing/Aeronautical/Precision Engineering or related disciplines.
- Minimum 12 years of relevant experience in the aviation industry, preferably in an aero-engine parts repair environment and with minimum 5 years’ managerial experience in large engineering team