The role is for a leading Global Bank for their Hong Kong office.
- Onshore review of the end to end Profit and Loss process for the Equities desk within the Global Markets business. This would include a review of New Trade Profit and Loss, market environment Profit and Loss, carry Profit and Loss, cancel and amend Profit and Loss and Profit and Loss differences with traders.
- Identification and resolving production exceptions where possible and working closely with the nearshore Product Control team in Manila as and when required to resolved exceptions.
- Review results from nearshore team and preparation and review of commentary and analysis both daily and monthly.
- Review results of other daily controls that supplement the daily Profit and Loss Analysis process.
- Responding to nearshore queries.
- Involvement in reengineering, streamlining and standardising processes and controls.
- Identify and escalate process and control improvement opportunities.
- University Degree with a strong numerical and quantitative background.
- Solid experience in Product Control environment in a bank or financial institution. Prior experience with equity derivatives is preferred.
- Good understanding of Financial Markets, Risks and the changing regulatory environment, like products traded and their life cycle, and associated risks, and accounting principles.
- Good understanding of equity derivatives products and their valuation.
- Good understanding of risk-based Greeks, like delta, gamma, vega, and others.
- Excellent written English and oral communication skills.
- Work independently and on occasion under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Ambitious, driven and enthusiastic.