Our client is an Asia-based investment management firm that serves institutional investors. The Company manages two Cayman-based hedge funds, a China focused Fund, a Multi-Strategy Fund, and three domestic hedge funds in China. Currently, the Company is looking to recruit an Equity Portfolio Manager to manage a carve-out a sector-focused, equity long/short portfolio, with main responsibilities including undertaking research to identify alpha and determining exposures and position sizes to construct portfolio.
- Implement an investment process to generate alpha / absolute return, including stock selection methodology, additional alpha drivers, portfolio construction and risk management
- Utilize investment process to actively manage sector-focused, equity long/short portfolio
- Perform fundamental business and valuation analyses of individual companies as part of a stock selection process
- Proven track record in stocks picking in the Greater China market.
- Handle correspondence, support business meetings and business development, preparing various types of investment reports or marketing materials
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in equity analysis
- Minimum of 3 recent years of equity research experience focusing on a single sector
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of portfolio analytic and portfolio risk management and related tools
- Experience in market neutral strategy is a big plus