Our client is a boutique Hedge Fund with a team of ten in Hong Kong. The Company manages an APAC focused Equity LS fund (absolute return) and applies a fundamental bottom-up strategy for its investments. Currently, the Company is looking for an Equity Research Analyst to expand its fundamental research coverage including financial modelling and company analyses.
- Directly Report to the Head of Research
- Provide written research, financial statements and valuation analysis;
- Build financial models for companies, especially in the cyclical/consumer sectors;
- Write call notes and present recommendations, background and breaking information on covered companies to the Head of Research and the CIO of the Company
- Regular interaction with target companies and on-site visit;
- Attend conference and corporate earning calls; utilize industry specific data in support of company coverage; review business and trade publications, annual reports and financial filings
- Degree holder in Finance or related disciplines. CFA is preferred.
- 3-5 years research experience as a generalist or consumer sector from buy side or sell side.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in financial modelling and analysis
- Strong communications skills and capability in synthesizing and presenting investment recommendations and research findings both verbally and in writing.
- Self-motivated, diligent, efficient team player who can multi-task, prioritize and willing to learn.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English & Chinese (including Mandarin), additional language such as Japanese or Korean is desirable