Our client is a fintech company, part of a bigger well-established financial institution. They are looking to recruit the General Counsel for the growing fintech platform, leading the legal function for this particular business. The appointment of the in-house lawyer is important to the ongoing growth of the senior management and operations team.
The right candidate should have over 12 years of legal experience, currently working in-house with a financial institution. Ideal candidate should have experience in either IPOs, securitization or private equity but candidates from other backgrounds will be considered too. You will be familiar with general contracts, terms of business, some compliance as well. The incumbent be an independent person and be ready for the responsibility of working as sole legal counsel with an interest in fintech. Chinese language skills are needed.
Your responsibilities in this role will be:
- Provide legal support to the business, senior management and the operations team.
- Liaise and work alongside external counsel as required.
- Manage and monitor legal risk.
- Advise and update management and key stakeholders with respect to any regulatory and legislative changes.
- Work in collaboration with other business units on any strategic projects or day to day legal issues.