We are currently assisting our client, one of the world's most advanced cryptocurrency exchange in their search for a Global Chief Compliance Officer. This role can be based in either Hong Kong or Singapore.
Our client is open to relocating the right candidate from any part of the world.
The Chief Compliance Officer is responsible for overseeing the compliance function globally and in developing and implementing a robust compliance program for each of the jurisdictions our client operates in.
Working alongside with Legal and other key stakeholders, the CCO is expected to interface with regulators where appropriate, advice, and assess what regulatory risks the firm needs to consider. Articulate and maintain the standards of conduct required by the laws, regulations, and policies governing these business operations in order to assist the firm in avoiding regulatory and reputational risk.
- This is a global role reporting to the COO and has an independent escalation channel to the Board.
- The ideal candidate would be someone who understands and has developed robust surveillance and compliance programs.
- The COO should be familiar with how a trading platform with complex products operates
- A good understanding of futures and derivatives would be a plus.
- The CCO should also have the ability to navigate regulatory landscape in new markets that are not completely developed and in ensuring a fast developing business has the necessary set of controls in place, especially in the area of AML to meet different regulatory requirements and expectations.
- The appropriate candidate will also assume the role of Money Laundering Reporting Officer and/or Sanction Officer
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 15 years of experience in compliance, legal, audit or other control function experience covering trading businesses, with experience in derivatives and structured products
- Experience in managing and operating under a lean infrastructure
- Strong analytical skills and ability to exercise judgment and execution under pressure
- Inquisitive and proactive in identifying risks and proposing solutions
- Ability to work with a variety of senior and junior people, and build smooth working relationships
- Highest attention to detail
- Good team player - one who is able to prioritize in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment
- Entrepreneurial inclination - ability to work alone and act as a project manager