A regional renowned insurance company is hiring an experienced counsel to join its regional legal department based in Hong Kong. Due to expansive growth in some of their South and North Asia operations, this role requires the incoming individual to oversee and run some of its regional investment activities with their investment and strategy teams as well as handling other general commercial legal matters. Working in a small team with other experienced lawyers, this is a fantastic opportunity to join an established organisation working alongside industry experts in other functional departments.
- HK or common law qualified lawyer with at least 12 PQE
- Trained in reputable law firms, prior insurance industry is not required whilst those with in-house legal experience attained from both financial services/commerce industries will be preferred
- Solid experience in handling transactional, commercial, corporate and project-based legal matters
- Possess the ability to represent the legal department whilst working together with strategy and project team members
- Become the lead legal contact for the business when dealing with external legal and regulatory affairs
- Proficiency in English and Chinese, spoken Mandarin and Cantonese is required