We are currently assisting our client, a well funded global supply chain fintech firm in their search for a Head of Assurance, Risk & Compliance, to be part of their leadership team in Mumbai.
The role is to implement and provide oversight of the Risk and Compliance framework including Anti Money Laundering into the regulated India operation that our client is in the process of establishing to ensure compliance with the Factoring Regulation Act, 2011.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in designing and implementing an AR&C framework including an anti-money laundering framework to ensure compliance to the Factoring Regulation Act, 2011. They will have experience in providing effective oversight, advice, challenge and reporting on compliance frameworks and appetite to the local operation, Risk Committee and key stakeholders.
Key job activities:
- Hold the recognised regulatory functions of Money Laundering Reporting Officer and Compliance Officer for the regulated Indian entity;
- Implementation and oversight of an Indian AR&C framework including an anti-money laundering framework and compliance framework to ensure compliance to the Indian Regulatory Framework
AML/KYC Processes and Decisions:
- Develop, maintain and regularly review the Indian AML/KYC program and be accountable for anti-money laundering/ know-your-customer decisions.
- Develop and maintain a system to evaluate transactions for potential suspicious activity and file suspicious transaction reports where required and appropriate;
- Manage compliance and regulatory projects, including implementation of legislation/regulation locally.
- First point of contact for internal suspicious activity reports.
- First point of contact for the regulator and Bank of India when submitting external suspicious activity reports.
Regulatory Management and Coordination:
- Accountability for the development of an effective regulatory relationship and act as the key interface with regulators on AR&C management issues.
- Ensure prompt recording of, responses to, and escalation of regulatory queries, notices of violations and breaches/ concerns identified.
- Deliver to regulators and supervisors a valued interactive program of support, management information and assurance in accordance with requirements and appropriate expectations on compliance issues, trends, themes, root cases and impacts relating to governance, regulatory risk management and internal control issues.
- Ensure an effective regulatory control framework by ensuring prompt identification, logging, evaluation and formulation of a plan to address requirements arising from new and amended laws, regulations, rules and other requirements and expectations from regulatory and enforcement authorities.
Risk Mitigation and Issue Remediation:
- Work with management to ensure continued improvement in self-identification of issues and appropriate escalation and monitoring processes to ensure timely and effective remediation
- Development of an effective AR&C Governance and reporting structuring.
- Ensure an effective flow of MI and reporting process to the Global Risk Committee and the firm wide CRO monthly reporting
- Help spearhead efforts to obtain, maintain and/or renew relevant regulatory licences including the preparation and submission of all required documentation
Management of the AR&C Team:
- Championing a high-performance environment and implementing a people strategy that attracts, retains and develops high performers and motivates teams by fostering an inclusive work environment.
- Effective persuasion skills, the ability to work effectively at the highest levels of the firm and display highly effective networking and influencing skills;
- An ability to influence senior business leaders on all compliance risk-related matters affecting the business.
- The individual should have the ability to independently challenge when needed while at the same time being supportive and solution-based and not being perceived as obstructive;
- An ability to be “hands on” and “in the trenches” with the direct team whilst also bringing a sense of strategic vision and a global sensibility to the function
- Strong team leadership, communication, interpersonal and management skills, with a track record of leading through change and the ability to effectively communicate the strategic vision to various stakeholder groups;
- Executive presence and a reputation for building strong relationships with stakeholders across the firm, regulators and leading teams
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and “no surprises” approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views
- The ability to thrive and execute in a complex, highly matrixed, global environment
- Significant experience of working within Compliance and Risk with an in-depth knowledge of developing AR&C Frameworks
- Significant expertise and knowledge of the regulatory and compliance agenda.
- Relevant experience of working within a Compliance/Risk management function either within a large or challenger bank, financial institution, factoring company or regulated fintech; and
- Experience of dealing with the Indian regulator.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Outstanding performance compensation;
- Casual workplace environment; and
- Outstanding opportunity for advancement in a rapidly growing global firm.