We are currently assisting our client, a global management consulting firm in their search of a Head of Compliance, Asia in Gurgaon.
In this role, you will be part of the leadership group and lead the exciting task of setting up the compliance function in the Asia Pacific region. Reporting to the global director of compliance, you will be the go-to person in the APAC region on all thing’s compliance, have a clear perspective on all compliance risk and regulatory expectations for the firm in the APAC region and have a strong implementation focus.
- You will lead on rolling-out, enhancing and overseeing processes, procedures and control systems including assessing their efficiency. In doing so you will leverage existing systems and processes and support the design and implementation of new systems and processes where needed.
- You will lead on the identification of key compliance risks in the region and provide transparency to regional leadership on compliance levels and compliance risks through regular reporting; in addition, you will help identify trends in the region and beyond as well as cross-cutting compliance issues. Where required you will lead or support investigations of compliance incidents in the region
- Your work will also include leading and collaborating on global priority projects and provide subject matter expertise on selected topics
- 10-15 years overall experience.
- Legal background + currently in compliance.
- Current or previous experience with a professional services firm having worked in an internal role vs client facing.
- APAC regional experience.
- Happy to work in an individual contributor role for Year 1 and build their team in year 2.