A leading global banking group is looking to recruit a Head of Credit Risk to join its Risk Management team. The position will be based in Hong Kong but there is a possibility of a Shanghai based role should there be an outstanding China based applicant.
The Head of Credit Risk will need to ensure that credit risk analysis and business plans submitted for approval meet the Group’s standards of risk analysis, risk measurement, risk mitigation and presentation whilst providing guidance and training to the team.
- Oversee risk monitoring and control, coordinate with the front office to ensure compliance
- Keep abreast of enhancements to Group policies, analytical tools and other practices ensuring full and consistent application across Asia
- Work with regional management on evaluating new business units and initiatives
- Manage all aspects of the credit approval process
- Liaise with the front office on credit proposals and business plan development
- Monitor and control the risk exposures in Asia
- Define and implement Credit Risk policies, controls and systems for the activities across Asia Pacific
- Governance activities and head office liaison in support of senior management activities
- At least 10 years credit risk analysis and approval experience
- Possess deep knowledge of credit products, derivates and specialised financing structures
- Strong experience working across the APAC region
- Knowledge of the regulatory, market and industry domain
- Solid understanding of quantitative risk measurement tools and the ability to lead a team of analysts