The Legal Counsel will take a leading role into the delivery and coordination of legal, contract and compliance matters, providing legal advisory to senior management of the company and oversee the legal function, also aspects of the business in PRC, including support for Commercial, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Market Access, Government Affairs, Public Affairs, Clinical Development, Health & Safety, and Operations which includes Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Distribution. This role involve providing an appropriate level of commercial legal support for the China business. The role provide incumbent with strong leadership skills and an ability to provide strategic advice and counsel to senior executives in a rapidly-growing pharmaceutical business.
- Provide daily legal support in defined area independently, including legal research and legal advice to senior stakeholders (Commercial, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Market Access, Government Affairs, Public Affairs, Clinical Development, Health & Safety, and Operations), clients, suppliers and/or third parties
- Prepare, negotiate and review various contracts and legal documents/policies for the company
- Handle legal matters in a professional manner and propose legally sound solutions;
- Advise risk assessment and risk control management process optimization, proactively keeping updates on legal developments in PRC and guiding the business on operational considerations to the same
- Manage legal projects and coordinate with related functions, enabling functions in matters arising in respect of their operations in the region
- Draft, update and maintain corporate legal policies, standards and guidelines
- Establish and drive communication with business/functional divisions to review and update company policies in view of the changing legal environment and commercial practice;
- Provide training for various business units on legal topics and processes, as well as developing local templates to facilitate work efficiencies.
- Holds a Bachelor degree from a reputable institution or above in law; PRC bar is a must, but possessing a US bar is a plus
- At least 8-12+ years PQE in multinational company and/or law firms, with deep understanding of pharma business environment and challenges. Life Science or Healthcare industry experience would be beneficial;
- Be Commercial and proficient in bringing insights on legal risk from both strategic and tactical level;
- Be able to provide pragmatic legal solution to business and cross-functional teams;
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently under pressure and prioritize multiple projects, and work effectively in a fast-paced, result-oriented environment;
- Good team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with different levels of people throughout the company
- Good networking to leverage resources inside and outside to provide on-time and quality service;
- Native Mandarin language fluency and bi-lingual skill in English.