Our Client is a Global Logistics Service Provider, well known in the market with more than 500 locations around the world and more than 25,000 employees worldwide. They value and reward committed individual and ensure everyone with equal footing. They provide employees with cutting edge tools, opportunities and space to develop skills and turn ideas to reality. Currently, they are looking for an experienced Head of Operations to manage ocean and air freight operations within Korea.
- Reporting to a result oriented and experience Managing Director, Korea, you will ensure smooth operations and SOP/ KPI standards are abided/met by the Operations team
- You will communicate recurring Transport Management System (TMS)-related issues/change requests for discussion with Regional Product Teams and conduct regular meetings with the Operations team to keep the team abreast of any market update/development, discuss operational issues, data quality related reports etc
- You will generate job and volume reports to monitor cost, sale, gross profit and job-related KPIs, assess volume development, departmental resource, subcontractors and develop new ideas to maximize operations and profitability
- You will conduct regular job report analysis to reduce loss-making shipments. Review of LCL volume while developing ideas to further boost the own consol business prospect
- You will participate in joint sales calls when acquiring new customers as well as performance meetings. Ensure that commitments to customers are maintained while strategic planning for the company’s growth is driven
- You will ensure regular meetings with the sub-contractors (airlines/master loaders/truckers, brokers, core carries, co-loaders) for tariff maintenance, new contracts, service performance reviews, etc.
- You will ensure regular case study and rooted-cause analysis are conducted for preventive actions
- You will manage unresolved complex issues escalated by the Operations Supervisor and handle approval of new triangular shipments (switched B/L shipments)
- You should possess at least a Degree in Logistics/ Transport Management/ Supply Chain or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a managerial position in a similar field
- You should possess extensive knowledge of local and international freight services and customs policies. Familiar with industry standard programs and capable to operate standard systems relevant to the role
- You should possess strong data analysis skills, hands-on and a problem solver. Excellent in pricing, procurement and negotiation skills
- Experienced in both operations and sales is advantageous
- Experience in DG (dangerous goods), contract/ project logistic will be advantageous
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English