Our client is looking to hire an experienced Infrastructure Engineer with a background in networks, voice/communication systems and information security.
- Works as a senior member of a collaborative team responsible for the definition and configuration of enterprise network, voice and video systems and standards, engineering methodologies, and best practices
- Works with Firm and Management to help establish product portfolios, roadmaps, budget recommendations, planning and direction; performs contract renewal research and recommendations based on user/system needs and vendor pricing
- Provides technical leadership to personnel on assigned platforms
- Collaborates with peers to create, administer, and optimize network solutions on a global basis
- Works effectively on cross-functional teams and under the direction of a Project Manager or technical lead; provides accurate time and cost estimates on assigned work; provides technical leadership on projects of varying sizes
- Manages multiple and competing priorities and assignments as required in a dynamic environment
- Accepts responsibility for assigned systems, software and/or hardware, obtaining a complete understanding of assigned areas through formal and informal training.
- Evaluates alternatives for network and/or component upgrades in a managed environment and actively suggests changes that will ultimately enhance performance, scalability, security and the end user experience
- Provides third level support to diagnose system or service issues and performs root cause analysis; provides guidance and instructions to first and second level support on the management of known production system problems
- Creates and provides documentation and training regarding installation, maintenance, administration and support to other team members and those outside of the team as required
- Adheres to department standards, including problem and change management policies, including incident problem and change management
- Completes projects and support tasks outside of normal business hours as necessary to meet the Firm’s objectives
- Provides a high level of customer service through commitment and the desire to excel in his/her technical skills and knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of the following equipment: Cisco routers and switches, Cisco Viptela, Checkpoint Firewalls, Firemon Monitoring, Solarwinds Orion, Wireshark sniffer, Avaya IP telephony infrastructure, Cisco Wireless, Cisco Prime
- Four-year college degree or advanced training and certifications on Cisco Systems including CCNP or CCIE
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in providing excellent technical support for international based enterprise network with the ability to adapt to industry trends and evolve the global network.
- Excellent analytical, research, writing, and interpersonal skills and able to work effectively with Firm personnel at all levels
- Excellent troubleshooting and deductive analysis skills with creative approach to problem resolution
- Detail oriented self-starter and able to work independently and as a member of a collaborative team
- Forward looking, innovative mind set, with a desire to continuously improve solutions and adopt emerging technologies
- Flexibility to adapt and work in a constantly evolving environment
- Ability to participate in technical and business meetings outside of local office hours (20% of time)