Based in Hong Kong, he/she will be a key member of the growing international legal team supporting Group’s global expansion. Scope includes licensing and vendor/customer agreements, BD/sales contract, corporate expansion and international trade related issues.
- Advise on legal aspects of Group’s international expansion of current and proposed new e-commerce, technology and service offerings
- Provide advice to business teams on legal aspects of the implementation of commercial agreements, business models and strategies, business operations, marketing activities, and product offerings
- Support commercial cooperation aspects of pending M&A matters as well post-closing integration of acquired entities and businesses
- Research local laws and regulations in foreign jurisdictions and manage outside counsel.
- Negotiate, draft and review contracts and commercial agreements
- Legal license (HK and/or other jurisdiction)
- 6-12+ years of post-qualification experience at a leading law firm and/or corporation. In-house experience is welcome, but not required
- For PRC candidates, international education and/or professional work experience. Ability to draft legal documents in Chinese and English. For non-PRC candidates, Chinese language proficiency (ability to hold business meetings in Chinese)
- Highly-motivated and able to work independently and under pressure
- Sincere interest in technology, innovation and business
- High integrity and desire to collaborate with others
- Open to international travel
- Immediately available is much preferred