Based in Hong Kong, he/she will be a key member of the growing international legal team supporting SEC compliance, corporate governance, share-based compensation and investment fund related matters.
- Drafting, reviewing and amending share-based compensation plans and award agreements, commercial agreements and other relevant corporate documents, and provide related legal advice to internal teams
- Provide legal advice and support to human resources and other internal partners on share-based compensation related matters and the administration of share-based compensation plans of Alibaba Group and its affiliated companies, including providing support on share-based compensation aspects of M&A and investment projects and legal proceedings
- Support the SEC compliance function, including in connection with matters relating to corporate governance and disposition of shares under U.S. securities law
- Assist in internal training for non-legal employees and organizing internal resources, including forms, practices, etc.
- At Least 4 years of post-qualification experience at a leading law firm and/or corporation in-house experience
- Experience in technology sector preferred, but not required
- Knowledge and experience with the creation and administration of share-based compensation plans (offshore and PRC) preferred
- Experience in partnership structure and funds and trusts a plus
- Commercially minded and detail-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Highly-motivated and able to work independently and under pressure
- High integrity and desire to collaborate with others
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Mandarin Chinese