US listed software company is seeking a Lead Counsel to lead the APAC Legal Team responsible for the legal partnership and support of the commercial activity across the region.
- Legal business partner and trusted advisor. Including, participating in APAC division management meetings, educating the relevant stakeholders to understand the legal aspects of the regional activities.
- Acts as the main point of contact of the region for all legal aspects and required legal support, including complex negotiations, drafting of legal documents and especially for the complex, strategic and sensitive matters, contracts and all other necessary agreements.
- Manage a team of lawyers and supervise external legal counsels, as necessary.
- Ensure that all transactions are compliant with applicable company policies and guidelines.
- Collaborates and maintains a strong working relationship with other leads in the company such as the finance lead, information security lead, and individuals in other groups providing support to a company division.
- Leads the development and implementation of practices, strategies and guidelines within the respective domain.
- Bachelor's degree of Laws (LL.B.) is a must. MBA or LL.M (Master of Laws) is an added advantage
- Singapore or Common Law qualified - minimum 10 PQE
- Extensive professional experience in a relevant industry, preferably at multinational tehcnology/software company.
- Managerial experience and handling business needs in complex environment is preferred