A high-frequency trading firm that specialises in Quantitative Trading & Investment Strategies is hiring a Lead DevOps Engineer. As a Lead DevOps Engineer, you would be working closely with the software/FPGA development teams on one hand and the trading team on the other hand. As a Lead DevOps, you would be responsible for ensuring that not only every release meets the stringent development requirements but also sufficient guidelines are laid out for Prod-Support team.
Release Planning & Management
- Overseeing the planning, scheduling, and controlling of software builds throughout each stage of development and across various environments (production, simulation etc) in different geographies.
- Reviewing test cases adequacy for any major releases.
- Ensuring that every release meets it desired objective as planned. Verifying results in live and suggesting configuration changes if any.
- Streamlining deployment process for the team's production trading, with a focus on making the processes scalable, fault-tolerant, and entirely automated.
- Issuing production server/network configuration required for the production/network team and ensuring that they are implemented as per the requirement.
- Ensure that the application logging is proper and sufficient to identify any potential bugs. Come up with a plan to decrease logs over time for latency-critical applications
Alerts & monitoring
- Ensure that a proper self-descriptive alert mechanism is in place which can be acted upon by the production team
- Configure greylog/splunk etc to process logs in real-time for any potential bug or performance issues. Maintain that distributed infrastructure across different locations along with the sys-admin team.
- Ensure that adequate documentation is put in place for the production support team to act on all generated alerts/potential bugs.
- Ensure that proper version control is maintained and documentation is updated for any potential version roll back
- Designing detailed experiments with the development/Strategy team to identify the optimum configuration of all hardware resources to achieve the desired goals
- At least 7+ years of experience as a DevOps in a challenging environment
- At least 5+ years of experience in C++ /Python, Shell/Bash Scripting in order to successfully understand and comprehend the projects better.
- Be the primary point of contact for the production support team when issues do arise, even outside of normal working hours.
- A compulsive approach of making any process scalable, fault-tolerant, monitored and entirely automated