Our client from the FMCG industry is looking to hire a Legal & Regulatory Affairs Manager to manage the local Taiwan legal/compliance function. The incumbent will act as an internal legal counsel and liaise with external legal counsel when needed. They will also provide ad hoc support the legal/compliance functions in other countries in the Asia cluster.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review all commercial contracts/document to ensure compliance, minimize commercial risks and protect Company’s interests.
- Provide strategic and risk management counseling towards dispute resolution & manage litigation tasks.
- Advise internal clients across company's business on day-to-day legal issues.
- Facilitate projects / new concepts fruition which involve legal implications to minimize risks and defend commercial interests for the Company.
- Monitor and track market intelligence and tobacco related legislation in Taiwan. Keep the Company informed of the most up to date tobacco related regulatory issues.
- Facilitate the formation of internal positions on specific regulatory issues and ensure necessary pre-caution/measures are well considered.
- Involve and contribute the Company's input to the industry platform and ensure the Company’s positions and interests are well represented.
- Manage effective stakeholder network internally and externally to support influence a favourable environment for business operation