Primary purpose and overall objective of the job:
The purpose of this position is to provide professional legal support for ASEAN, ANZ and India markets and undertake regional-based projects when necessary, to complete the tasks assigned by General Counsel of APAC and/or senior management and contribute to the growth of the APAC region.
Independently provide daily legal support to subsidiaries in the region, including without limitation, providing legal advice or analysis on daily operation, reviewing, drafting and negotiating legal documents, conducting legal research, assisting internal client to find a legal and practical solution, interaction with local authorities; managing legal claims and disputes;
Evaluate legal and compliance related risks in business practices in order to determine priority areas for policies, communications and trainings; conduct training to internal clients as needed; assist General Counsel, APAC in designing local legal-related guidelines, SOPs and policies and proactively work with internal clients to ensure the proper implementation;
Assist General Counsel, APAC in implementing global programs in local organization; localize global templates/guidelines, conduct relevant trainings and communication to internal or external stakeholders; and
Work closely and efficiently with other legal team members at APAC and Corporate levels.
Knowledge, language and experience:
- Law degree from reputable law school
- No less than 7 years’ PQE at reputable law firm and/or as in-house counsel, experience with ASEAN region, experience/knowledge with other APAC counties is a plus
- Fluent in English and able to speak and read Chinese; ability to write in Chinese for documentation drafting is a plus
- Self-motivated, strong communication skill, team player, problem-solving and practical mindset
- Healthcare industry experience is strongly preferred
- Able to travel (around 30%)