This is a 6-month contract role with the possibility of going permanent next year. Working as part of the legal team, the role will be reporting into the Head of Legal based in Hong Kong. Interesting mix of work on offer.
- Provide legal advisory and regulatory support which includes, among other things, drafting, reviewing and making changes to constitutive documents
- establishing the products as well as to the marketing documents and materials of the products.
- Draft and review various kinds of commercial contracts and legal documents. Assist on company secretarial work including prepare board resolutions and the relevant documentation, filing of corporate documents.
- Provide support to the Legal Lead, where necessary, as assigned to her from time to time.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects (such as corporate support on transactional deal) as required.
- Mid-level lawyer with a legal qualification in a common-law jurisdiction
- Experience in the financial industry (asset management, insurance, bank, etc) is preferred
- Experience in corporate and commercial work including reviewing different kind of agreements
- Experience in drafting and dealing with regulators will be an advantage
- Proficiency in English and Chinese (written and spoken)
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interact with all levels in the company, diligent, proactive
- and good working attitude and ethics