Our client is looking to hire a Legal Counsel who will be an integral part of the legal department and will provide timely legal advice and assistance.
- Draft, negotiate and administer a wide range of legal agreements for the Business to help ensure the Business achieves the best practicable commercial deals, whilst ensuring the legal aspects are properly covered and legal liabilities are minimized.
- Advise the Business on a broad range of legal matters, including agreements, transactions, regulations, claims and litigation.
- Draft templates for use by the Business and promote standardization.
- Provide appropriate training on relevant legal matters and procedures
- Liaise with other functions including IT, Tax, EHS and HR to ensure that all aspects of agreements are properly considered
- Monitor and advise the Business management on current and new legislation
- Promote, together with Huntsman management, the highest ethical standards
- Advise on and ensure compliance with company policies
- Other legal work assigned by the Managing Counsel Shanghai
Education and Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s law degree or a higher law degree with specialization in commercial or corporate law
- Qualified as a lawyer in China
Skills and Specifications:
- PQE 7 to 10 years. Must have worked in a reputable law firm or multinational company as a legal counsel for more than six years
- Must have solid legal experience in general corporate and commercial matters
- Must have strong influencing capability, high energy and should take initiative
- Must be able to prioritize work, work independently and be well organized
- Must be fluent in English and overseas legal education or legal work experience is preferred