We are currently assisting our client, a global British specialty chemicals company listed on the London Stock Exchange in their search for a Legal Counsel - APAC to be based in Shanghai.
You will report directly to the Regional Counsel – Asia, based in Singapore.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing advice and strategic input on, and solutions to, a broad range of legal issues of differing complexity mainly of a corporate or commercial nature e.g. corporate acquisitions or disposals, commercial agreements, dispute resolution and litigation, competition law issues, labor/employment laws, and IP agreements.
- The role is primarily expected to support the Asia Pacific (APAC) business sectors and commercial teams across the APAC Group.
- Responsible for providing support in relation to the implementation and monitoring of the Code of Ethics, Code of Conduct, and related policies on a national and regional level and taking remedial and escalatory steps, as necessary.
- Expected to challenge the status quo and generate new and creative ways of working for the legal team in order to increase efficiency as well as providing innovative solutions and advice to commercial and legal problems.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A qualified solicitor with 4-7 years PQE.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant company and commercial legislation (includes corporate, acquisitions, competition, property, employment, IP) .
- Experience working as a lawyer (international law firm) or legal counsel (overseas MNCs). Expected to have an understanding of legal framework in overseas jurisdictions, primarily within Asia.