We are currently assisting our client, one of the largest power business in the APAC region in their search for a Legal Counsel to be part of their international Innovation team in Hong Kong.
Budget: HK$1 Million/ annum + bonus.
- Deliver strategic legal advice and guidance to the Innovation Business Unit
- Provide guidance on commercial, operational and technology transactions (including M&A, partnerships, and sourcing) across multiple business units to facilitate the implementation and delivery of innovation programme
- Advising on, and enabling the management of, legal and regulatory issues and compliance as well as on related risk management requirements;
- Negotiating strategic alliances and partnerships with a broad range of organizations from start-ups to incumbents, to facilitate the development of new services/applications, optimize existing business, execute pilots/trials and set up of successful business models;
- Advising and assisting on the execution of strategic acquisitions/investments as well as the management of investments (e.g. venture capital funds, technology companies, and joint venture arrangements); and
- Advising on, drafting and negotiating technology, SaaS, and product contracts.
- A law degree from a well-recognized law school and a valid practicing certificate in a relevant jurisdiction.
- 6-9 years PQE with high-quality experience in corporate commercial law, including experience with a well-regarded law firm.
- Experience working on technology matters would be viewed favorably.
- Excellent technical legal knowledge and a strong understanding of legal and commercial aspects of contracts.
- Ability to interpret and apply the law in a complex regulatory environment.
- Excellent English communication and drafting skills. Mandarin communication and drafting skills would be viewed favorably.