- Act as legal advisor to assigned business and functional units, including advising on contract negotiation, compliance matters, legal disputes and offering legal training
- Review and approve legal contracts and other documents related to a variety of trade, commercial, financial, and operational matters to protect the organization’s legal and business interests.
- Provide support regarding the legal aspects and documents of M&A and investment projects.
- Assist in the enforcement of compliance programs and Code of Conduct including conducting compliance training (as assigned by senior counsel).
- Legal support to litigation cases, investigations and enquiries by authorities.
- Support applications to authorities for approvals and permits, including liaison and communication with relevant government departments and regulatory agencies.
- At least 5 years post qualification experience as an in-house legal counsel or as a lawyer for a reputable local or international law firm
- Good analytical, drafting and communication skills
- Able to work independently and taking full accountability for assigned responsibilities (after brief induction phase)
- Proactive working attitude with high intrinsic motivation
- Provide sound business-oriented solutions and take clear and pragmatic positions.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Willing to travel periodically