- Procurement agreements in South-East Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam), India and Korea (for assigned categories of contracts or jurisdictions).
- Sales, marketing and distribution contracts for South-East Asia, India and Korea (for assigned contracts or jurisdictions).
- Labour law topics in assigned jurisdictions within South-East Asia, India and Korea.
- Corporate secretarial matters in assigned jurisdictions within South-East Asia, India and Korea.
- Also provides occasional support in other areas of law such as compliance, intellectual property, data protection, mergers & acquisitions/joint ventures.
- Training/qualifications – fully qualified lawyer who has passed professional qualification examinations in a South-East Asian jurisdiction. Fluency in English is required, and fluency in another Asian language is an advantage (not required to draft, but of a sufficient standard to read, comprehend, review and advise).
- Experience – 8-12 years of relevant professional experience. Must have initiative, commercial acumen, and analytical, client–oriented and good communication skills.
- Functional knowledge – Good understanding of commercially-related legal principles and concepts, good standard of contract drafting skills and commercial negotiation skills.
- Analytical skills – Evaluates new or complex situations using analytical thought. Can handle medium to complex legal questions in commercial legal topics. Has a deep understanding of business risks, concerns and balances those with business needs and strategic decisions. Able to think creatively to provide pragmatic legal solutions to achieve business objectives. Able to influence or significantly contribute in thought leadership to business risks and strategic decisions.
- Work quality – Self-motivated and responsible worker, who is able to organise and prioritise work and respond within deadlines. Can anticipate risks and potential disputes, and attempts to resolve them independently with occasional guidance from manager, but also understands when to escalate problems and issues.