- Advising on legal risks, with a focus on Trade Finance
- Provide legal advice, briefings and recommendations on key legal issues to stakeholders.
- Assist in alignment with the global legal agenda and policies.
- Assist in developing standard form documentation for products, in particular in connection with Trade Finance and review standard form documentation periodically and propose changes to ensure that it remains appropriate in light of legal, regulatory and market developments.
- Work with product specialists and business stakeholders, and external counsel, where applicable, to structure and document one-off or customised transactions.
- Qualified to practice as a solicitor/attorney
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations and general rules governing international trade finance custom and practices
- Good business acumen, including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return
- Understanding of risk management techniques