- Provide overall planning, direction, control and co-ordination in the Planning, Procurement and Logistics functions
- Activities include: parts transition management, production planning and control, capacity management, materials planning, procurement, inventory management, storage, warehousing, logistics, transport and distribution
- Drive on-time delivery to customers, timely acquisition of materials, order scheduling and releasing, and optimum inventory control
- Manage daily procurement and production and inventory control issues in coordination with engineering, manufacturing and sales
- Manage critical inventory processes such as cycle counting, planning parameters, capacity analysis and demand planning processes
- Drive business strategic plans through use of SIOP process and assure effective implementation of such plans including min. 3 months’ level loading as part of internal capacity management
- Evaluate available material, manpower and machine availability in the release of WIP orders to the shop floor.
- Monitor, measure, and address gaps with applicable organizations to achieve schedule and ship on-time to customers
- Identify gaps and act as primary facilitator with sales, operations, and suppliers to negotiate resolution of resource constraints and meet customer requirements, or make required changes to the master schedule
- Develop and submit budgets, production plans and other related reports.
- Develops and maintains an effective materials organization through selection, training/development and motivation of all personnel
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Supply Chain management in a manufacturing environment, preferably in machine shop / precision machining environment
- Minimum 3 years of management / supervisory experience
Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong expertise in Excel and PowerPoint
Excellent EQ (Emotional Quotient), people management and leadership skills
Dynamic and highly driven with the ability to respond to changing business environment