Analyzing the technical specifications and system mechanical requirements to determine best approach and feasibility of accomplishment within time and cost constraints for Server and Storage projects’ mechanical system & packaging design.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for new projects mechanical & thermal architecture and detail design
- Represent the mechanical design with customer on technical discussion or meeting
- Provide technical input to customer or CTO to define the mechanical & thermal related system spec
- Perform and lead analysis and thermal simulation activities necessary to determine performance, resource utilization, and other system design characteristics
- Provide leadership for project cross-functional teams necessary to perform product feasibility studies, high level design, component specification etc.
- Lead and participate thermal simulation & analysis, mechanical design activities to insure project goals
- Provide leadership in identification and mitigation of technical project risks, identification of technical and integration dependencies affecting overall project plans and schedules
- Responsible for mechanical related issues RCCA
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to mechanical engineering staffs
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
- Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Thermal Engineering (MS preferred)
- Ten years Server & Storage Mechanical Design will be required
- Possesses advanced knowledge in Sheet metal, plastic and die casting tooling
- Possesses advanced skills in Thermal and Finite Element Structural Analysis
- Possesses advanced skill in tolerance analysis
- Possesses advanced ProEngineer CAD Skills and Thermal Simulation skills
- Strong top-down design experience and mechanical issue debug skill
- Proficiency Level Written and Verbal English Skills
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual capable of working with a minimum of supervision in a dynamic team environment.