Fantastic opportunity to join the systems reliability engineer team of an international trading firm that currently trades across multiple exchanges across European, US and Asian markets.
The successful candidate will work towards building an understanding of the data flows inside of the firm's network and build infrastructure to optimize the performance of systems. You will work closely with traders to identify points where latency optimization will have the biggest impact for trading strategies and devise innovative approaches for performing that optimization.
- Design and implement robust, high performing network infrastructure;
- Work with third parties, including exchanges and circuit providers;
- Optimize both performance and value of the firms network;
- Resolve network related incidents, and perform root-cause analysis and resolution to eliminate recurrences;
- Maintain thorough network documentation, and educate internal stakeholders regarding the state and capabilities of the existing network infrastructure
- Have 4 or more years' network engineer experience;
- Demonstrable experience implementing projects from initiation through production handover with a range of stakeholders;
- Be passionate about troubleshooting and getting to the root cause of issues and incidents;
- Be experienced with net-ops tools for configuration management, and network monitoring and analysis;
- Have experience working with Cisco networking hardware and the associated network operating systems;
- Be knowledgeable regarding multicast networking and configuration;
- Have working knowledge of Linux and scripting language, such as Python to automate tasks or perform analysis