A leading quantitative investment firm is hiring for a Python data engineer for their Mumbai office.
The successful candidate will join a high performing team that is focused on trading global markets by building and scaling the firm’s data platform.
- Develop efficient, scalable data and research infrastructure.
- Implement robust workflows for processing structured and unstructured financial datasets.
- Analyze dataset coverage and quality; develop and maintain reusable libraries for data analysis.
- Work closely with quantitative researchers to extend and utilize the data platform.
- Undertake general trading support responsibilities for Asian markets.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 4+ years of professional experience in software or data engineering.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Programming experience in Python (strongly preferred) and C++.
- Familiarity with data pipelines, relational databases, and/or SQL; experience with OLAP/data warehouse solutions (e.g., Redshift, Greenplum) a plus.
- Ability to creatively propose and evaluate hypotheses for solving complex problems.