A leading analytics firm is looking to hire a hands-on developer for their fixed income team.
The successful candidate should have a solid technology background along with some level of statistics background and willing to grow into a quant research role from pure development.
- Ability to apply mathematics, machine learning or quantitative analysis to solve complex problems and deliver innovative solutions.
- Proficient in Python and able to write efficient production code (GIT, JIRA)
- Background in working with fixed income data, especially credit bonds data and CDS
- 3+ year of experience with Hadoop SQL interfaces including Hive and Impala
- 2+ years of experience developing solutions using Spark
- Experience with common data science toolkits, Python-based preferred
- Strong systems background, preferably including Linux administration
- Unix scripting experience (bash, tcsh, zsh, python, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and conduct root-cause analysis