- Responsible for direct management of all Quality Assurance associates.
- Responsible for ensuring Food Safety and Food Quality policies and procedures are adhered to including but not limited by SQF Code, CFIA, HACCP, Refresco Quality and any customer quality requirements.
- Responsible for direct management and utilization of laboratory (analytical and microbiology), water treatment, syrup blending, sanitation, microbiological equipment, raw materials, and all quality processes.
- Optimize resources while ensuring raw materials and finished product meet specifications and manufacturing standards and in accordance with GMP's, HACCP, and all other governmental policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Oversee daily Quality Assurance inspections to ensure all products are meeting compliance.
- Write, update, and maintain SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) for the Quality Assurance Program.
- Champion internal audit process through continuous improvements, shared best practices, and teamwork.
- Leads the development and implementation of Food Safety Fundamentals, the Food Safety Plan and Food Quality Plan.
Education & Professional Qualifications:
- BS degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Food Safety, Engineering or related technical field
- Experience in different quality related areas such as raw materials, distribution, manufacturing
- Experience in a manufacturing site managing quality and food safety management systems responsible position related to food safety or Quality and food safety management system
- Experience managing direct reports
Key skills :
- Experienced in implementation of management of GFSI Quality Systems such as FSSC22000 or ISO9000
- Food safety risk, identification and management, HACCP and prerequisite controls
- Product Quality Custodian, Statistical Process Control and Process improvement methodologies
- Knowledge of and experience with ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems
- Knowledge of GMP, food allergens, pest control, sanitation, and food safety regulations
- Knowledge in Lean Six Sigma and/or TMP tools