The role is with a leading quant trading firm. They are looking to hire an experienced researcher with a strong background in alpha research.
- Conduct original quantitative alpha signal research
- Manage all aspects of the research process, including data analysis, alpha signal discovery, backtesting, trading idea generation, alpha signal/portfolio analysis and the management of production code
- Evaluate new datasets for alpha potential
- Follow, digest, analyze and improve upon the latest academic research
- 2+ years of research experience in Equities.
- Ph.D. or M.S. in finance, accounting, economics, mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science, operations research, or another quantitative discipline.
- Programming in any of the following: R, Python, or C++.
- Experience with SQL.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new methodologies to alpha generation.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.