A multinational industrial conglomerate is looking for a senior attorney to look after the regional operations in Asia, reporting to a Legal Director:
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Provide, and oversee the provision of, general Legal advice and support to regional and local business teams, operations, distribution. This includes drafting, review and negotiation of various types of agreements as well as providing legal advices.
- Draft and review contract templates for various countries in the Asia Region and maintain standardized contract review and administration.
- Provide professional advice and practical solutions to issues arising during normal business operations in retail industry including business agreements, marketing and general commercial matters.
- Design and implement training or direction internally on matters related to sound business practices and corporate governance.
- Establish effective business partnerships and provide Legal support with different stakeholders.
- Effectively supervise, manage and develop team members.
- Effectively supervise and instruct external service providers on a wide range of issues.
- Keep abreast of latest development of rules and regulations which are related to or affecting operations.
- Provides support to Legal Director on different assignments as allocated from time to time
- Qualified Lawyer of Hong Kong or qualification in the Common Laws juristictions, with at least 10+ post qualification experience
- In-house experience with a multinational corporation is highly preferred and ideally with training from an international reputable law firm
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. High level of accuracy in work, attentive to details
- Knowledge, experience, skills proven track record of ability to very competently lead a complex area of responsibility
- Solid experience in contracts drafting and negotiation
- Self-motived, willing to listen and learn, ability to work under tight deadlines; ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high pressure environment
- Good organizational and time management abilities with proficiency to multi-task and prioritize workload; solid decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with service and collaborative orientation
- Strong language skills in Chinese and English is a must, preferrably fluent in Mandarin