Provides and manages legal services (legal advice, consultation or work product) in specific areas. Independently manages critical legal projects. Identifies and participates in the development of corporate legal strategies, policies and objectives. May serve as a specialist in specific substantive areas of legal practice (e.g., intellectual property, litigation, environmental), or as supervisor of other positions within the Legal Services Department, or in both capacities.
- Fact Finding: Structures and conducts the investigation of complex matters and provides guidance to others in the methodology for same.
- Legal Knowledge: Serves as a recognized expert in assigned substantive areas and provides legal advice across a broad spectrum of business activities and personnel. Frequently consulted by colleagues on substantive matters; helps others develop their knowledge in ways that increase their independence and effectiveness.
- Legal Analysis: Independently analyzes and provides recommendations and opinions on a wide variety of complex matters.
- Agreements and Documents: Independently interprets and drafts a broad range of agreements, including those of major significance to the company.
- Negotiations: Has broad range of negotiating skills; independently structures and conducts complex negotiations.
- Company Knowledge: Uses knowledge of company policies, procedures and products to interpret and provide counsel on company-wide policy matters and supports the development of policy as appropriate.
- Teamwork and Leadership: Serves as a team leader in handling major legal projects.
- Department Operations and Administration: Independently selects and manages outside legal resources in assigning work areas; assesses performance; works to improve working relationships. Actively participates and assists in planning and overseeing departmental policies, practices and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, and ability to work successfully with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated ability to accept responsibility and supervision of activities or to supervise the activities of others as a team leader or participant in a collaborative environment.
- Specific legal expertise in relevant areas of legal practice or in overall delivery of legal services to specific client groups.
- Ability to accept significant responsbility and work collaboratively, either as a team leader or participant, as assigned.
- Capable of providing high level of client satisfaction while working in a complex environment which typically includes utilizing both internal and external legal resources.
- Demonstrated understannding and ability to implement company policies and procedures, vision and goals.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Capable of motivating and supervising other attorneys.
- Typically more than eight (8) years of relevant legal experience.