This lawyer will be managing the firm’s regulatory relationships and interactions within the region. Responsibilities will include interfacing with regulators and governmental entities, managing regulatory relationships and preparing senior management for meetings and briefings with regulators. The person will manage key regulatory issues related to the conduct of the business and develop strategies to implement changes as required by regulatory developments.
- Advising the company on regulatory and supervisory relationships and strategies
- Counseling the many business segments throughout the company concerning the application of new regulatory standards and supervisory requirements to their products and services.
- Serve as a legal advisor to the Compliance Group in APAC, and coordinating regulatory strategy with global stakeholders
- Managing company responses to supervisory and enforcement actions and advising on remedial action plans.
- Mid-level or senior attorney capable of operating independently
- PQE of 10 years+
- Experienced in regulatory and supervisory issues and familiar with bank regulatory matters,
- Experience working at or with APAC regulators,
- Good communication skills