Provide legal support for the Securities Finance Business in Asia Pacific. The candidate will be part of the markets legal team in the region and will be responsible for duties including the following:
- Provide legal support to the Securities Lending and Collateral Management businesses
- Advising on applicable laws generally and in the context of product development and ongoing trading and lending relationships;
- Managing consultation process with outside legal service providers;
- Provide legal support on a number of business as usual matters including contract negotiation and some projects.
- Ensuring all internal legal policies and guidelines are understood and implemented.
Experience / Qualification / Key Skills / Attributes :
- Licensed to practice law in Hong Kong, US, UK or other common law jurisdiction
- Legal experience in law firm and/or in-house position with experience in APAC ex-Japan jurisdictions (including Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, PRC or Australia) preferred;
- Contract negotiations and drafting experience, sophisticated negotiation ability;
- Financial services and specifically GMRAs, GMSLAs, Securities finance experience; Failing that, transaction work involving financial services.
- Good command of English
- Must have common sense and the ability to execute on matters in a timely fashion.