A leading Private Bank is looking for an experienced private banking compliance individual to be part of the growing team in Hong Kong.
- Provide a pro-active advice to staff in private bank in Hong Kong on compliance related matters
- Promote the implementation of and compliance with private bank compliance policies and procedures. .
- Liaise with the regulator on routine compliance matters as they affect the Private Bank business in Hong Kong, including but not limited to self-assessment requests by the regulator and other day-to-day enquiries.
- Assist in managing regulatory issues arising from complaints, alleged or actual breaches of regulatory requirements or ethical standards in private bank so as to avoid/ minimise the reputational damage to the bank.
- To assist in monitoring of closures of compliance issues identified during the normal course of business and by internal and external reviews, e.g. Internal Audit, the local regulator and the Head Office regulator.
- Assist in implementing bank-wide compliance frameworks and regional policy programs as well as private bank business policy where applicable to the country business model.
- Take on projects/ tasks relating to regulatory/ compliance requirements as requested by country head of compliance.
- University gradate with at least 8 years of overall working experience with solid compliance experience in banking and investment products.
- Familiar with private banking environment and practices in Hong Kong preferably with solid knowledge of recent regulatory changes, wealth management products, marketing materials review and product suitability.
- Good knowledge of Hong Kong securities and banking rules and regulations