We are currently assisting our client, a global NYSE listed technology firm in their search for a Corporate Counsel – Senior Associate to join the commercial legal group in Bangalore. The attorney filling this position will be responsible for providing innovative and business-centric legal support on a broad range of transactional and commercial matters to our client’s internal business clients primarily in India.
- Review, draft and negotiate complex commercial contracts (with a focus on software license and services including SaaS contracts), procurement and sourcing contracts as well as real estate contracts within India.
- Implement and enforce company polices and processes to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in India (with a focus on local competition, privacy, data protection, IT/telecommunications and anti-bribery (including FCPA) regulations).
- Interact with sales management, business and operational stakeholders, customers and functional peer groups, including managing internal escalations of non-standard terms.
- Advise on a wide range of legal matters including corporate, competition, privacy, data protection, employment, real estate, marketing and other related IT/telecommunications and cybersecurity laws as well as on dispute resolution matters within India.
- Provide best-in-class training and counsel to the business, principally on adherence to our client’s legal processes and policies (including the Business Conduct Guidelines) and local regulatory requirements.
The ideal candidate will be an Indian-qualified lawyer or a lawyer qualified in a Commonwealth Law jurisdiction with a strong academic background and 7-10 years PQE with in-house or secondment experience and ideally with a US or European multinational technology company.