- Ensure full compliance with Group Credit Policies and Process Standards.
- Design, maintain and effectively communicate risk control parameters across the Unsecured Lending, Retail Credit, including policies, control standards, risk exposure limits
- Assess the credit risk profile of the Unsecured Lending, Retail Credit and maintain alignment with risk appetite
- Maintain an open and cooperative relationship in dealings with regulators
- Obtain assurance regarding the effectiveness of credit controls and compliance with applicable laws & local regulations
- Timely report of material risk events, breach of risk triggers, material shift in portfolio shape / threshold, and portfolio performance.
- Ensure risk identification, measurement and modelling capabilities are objective, consistent and compliant with applicable regulations
- Uphold the integrity of risk/return decisions, by challenging business and control function heads to demonstrate that risk origination and control decisions are properly informed and consistent with strategy and risk appetite
- Solid credit management experience ideally gained in a leading banking group environment
- Business Strategy and Model: Sharp business acumen (including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return), strong leadership qualities, excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Risk Management and Control: Demonstrated track record in successful management and ability to manage risk in geographically dispersed and highly varied product base. Expertise in process design and control
- Regulatory Framework and Requirements: Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role